Town of Ault Police Department
The Town of Ault is currently seeking qualified candidates for an eligibility list to fill future positions.
***MUST BE COLORADO POST CERTIFIED TO APPLY FOR THE POLICE OFFICER POSITION***
Patrols an assigned area in the enforcement of law and order and takes special assignments in the protection of life and property.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take command at scene of crime or accident; takes statements and interviews victims and witnesses; examines situation; records vital information regarding causes and circumstances;
- Completes police report to describe in a clear, accurate, and concise manner all primary and relevant case activity and developments; read and comprehend legal and non-legal documents, including the preparation and processing of such documents as citations, affidavits, and warrants;
- Establish traffic enforcement measures to observe and detect violations of the Model Traffic Code and State Traffic Statutes; complete traffic accident investigations and required accident investigation forms;
- Ensures that all required reports are completed in a timely manner;
- Respond to radio and telephone dispatches to investigate citizen concerns including crimes in progress, crimes reported after-the-fact, accidents and disturbances;
- Operates a computer utilizing such software programs as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Knowledge of:
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations;
- Criminal behavior and causes underlying criminality and social, psychological and physical needs of criminals;
- Standard police practices, methods, and procedures; Approved and accepted methods of investigation, apprehension, and rules of evidence;
- Police terminology and practices;
- Good public relations skills;
- Safe and appropriate use of firearms and other police related tools
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Education: High School or G.E.D.
Training/Certifications: P.O.S.T certified as a Peace Officer, Level I, by the State of Colorado
CPR/First Aid Certification
- Possess and maintain the appropriate CO operator’s license for the type of Town owned vehicle which the employee may operate in the scope of employment;
- Minimum 21 years of age and U.S. Citizen;
- Must be able to legally possess and carry a firearm;
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com